Balu Chaung Hydroelectric Power Generation Project
This hydroelectric power plant was constructed in the Republic of the Union of Myanmar in 1954 under harsh natural conditions and challenging social circumstances. It is widely recognized to be a project that became the foundation of Japan's Official Development Assistance (ODA).
Matadi Bridge Construction Project
The Matadi Bridge is a suspension bridge that was constructed in 1983 in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. This major ODA project entailed the construction of a bridge in Africa, 20,000 km from Japan.
Laem Chabang Port Construction Project
Construction of the Port of Laem Chabang began in 1987. Laem Chabang Port is now the largest container handling port in Thailand and plays a major role in the economic development of the country.
This project is an example of long-term support for personnel training and capacity-building for traffic infrastructure in the Philippines.
Bosphorus Strait Trans-strait Railroad
This project received high praise for successfully completing the construction of the world's deepest undersea immersed tunnel (maximum depth 60m), an effort that was only made possible by overcoming immense technological difficulties.
JABOTABEK Railway Transportation Project
This project is an infrastructure development project for the Jabotabek region, which is the area surrounding Jakarta, the capital of the Republic of Indonesia. This project was highly recognized as a successful example of supporting capacity building over the long term.
- High Head Hydroelectric Power Generation
- Nationwide Power Grid
- Far Cheaper Power Supply
- Severe Natural Conditions and Chaotic Social Circumstances
- Capacity Building
- Technology Transfer via Man-to-man Method
- Support from Japan
- Organization of Thailand
- Support from Japan Conducted from the Local Point of View
- Promotion Base of Academic Activities in the Traffic Field
- Contributions to the Traffic Infrastructure Maintenance in Asia
- Submersion of Submerged Culverts to a Depth of 60m for the First Time in the World
- Schemes in the Shield Tunnel Construction Method to Combat the Rapidly Changing Bedrock
- Creating and readjusting project implementation plan (Master plan)
- Human resource development by in-house engineers of PMS